You and your family will have to chance to enjoy discovering all that the Museum of Menorca offers you.Certainly, the children will be surprised at knowing the island's history and all its cultural heritage.
So that the tour is educational and amusing, we suggest some ideas:
- Depending on your available time, it is advisable to plan what is what interests you the most and go for it in first place.
- Before starting the tour you can remind your family to remind of the correct behaviour when visiting a museum. The glass cabinets and other elements exhibited must not be touched, only looking at them is enough to learn something. We must walk normally through the rooms and corridors of the premises and please try not to use flashes if you take a picture. If we speak in a quiet voice we will not bother the rest of the visitors.
- If you want to encourage children you could prepare a visitor's bag. You could include a pencil and a notebook to draw or write some comments. You can also add one of their favourite toys or any object that they can look for or try to recognise in the exhibitions.You can save your tickets, maps and other material handed over by the Museum.
- The visit should be relaxed.If you find a piece that strikes you, slow down and enjoy it. If your children are curious about any exhibited time, do not rush, let yourselves guide by them and you may discover something that you did not even notice before.If you share with them opinions and remarks, the visit will be much more pleasant.
The Museum suggests some activities you can practice during the tour:
- Choose a postcard from the shop and look among the exhibitions the piece depicted in it.You will have fun and then you can keep it and place it in the visitor's bag or send it to someone in order to share the experience.
- Since you have pencil and a paper, use it to draw some of the pieces of the Museum that you find more interesting.Let you inner artist free and this will be a nice souvenir of this tour.
- Make a viewfinder:cut out a piece, in whatever shape you like, in the middle of a paper. If you look through this hole some of the museum pieces you will find details and shapes that you had not notice before.
When the visit is over, you can take some housework to do:Prepare a photo album of the tour and add to each picture a comment of what you liked the most of the whole experience.