The Museu of Menorca’s library
The Museu de Menorca has a library which is open to the general public and that has an interesting collection of books and documents specialising in art and archaeology. We also have a large collection of books dedicated to the different aspects of Menorca’s history, ethnology, geography etc.
Within the library, archaeologists can consult bibliographies on different themes:
- Archaeology in Menorca and the Balearic Islands.
- Archaeology from the western Mediterranean.
- Catalogues and manuals which will allow them to classify and date the objects recovered from excavations.
- A section dedicated to numismatics.
- A large Exchange of publications with the rest of the Spanish territory.
Also, specialist researchers will find interesting possibilities for consulting the significant bibliography that the library holds on different matters:
- Fine Arts and Heritage, books specialising in the categorisation of ceramics, glass, furniture and clothing…
- Restoration of our patrimony.
- Museology and Museography.
- An extensive collection of specialist magazines.
- Specific exhibition catalogues from the Balearic Islands and other locations.
- Books on Menorca’s artistic patrimony.
The majority of the Museu’s archaeological book collection cannot be consulted in other libraries on the island due to their high level of specialisation and specification.
Library timetable: Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2:30 pm